Frequently Asked Questions
- After receiving a full set or refills as well as lash corrections, avoid water, heat, facial service and tanning beds in the next 24 hours. If receiving a facial, request for dry cotton rounds or tanning, you might want to wear goggles to be placed over your lashes. Avoid facial products on your upper lids. Goggles should be worn for spray tanning.
- After 24 – 48 hours, resume a normal lifestyle, but resist heat, sweat, sauna and water.
- Do not excessively rub your eyes or pull on lashes.
- Avoid touching your extensions, especially at the base. Natural oils from your hands will break down the adhesive bond.
- Clean your lashes at least once a day. See our cleaning instructions.
- If you use any kind of cleaning liquid/products, they must be oil free. Oils will degrade the adhesive and make your lashes shed.
- Brush lashes with a mascara wand at least once a day. Gentle roll the brush over the lashes with your eyes closed to detangle your lashes. Open your eyes and adjust the lashes with a brush.
- We recommend oil-free conditioners – contact Ann Pham for details.
- We recommend oil-free Mascara. Only apply mascara on the tips of extensions. We recommend using an angle head synthetic brush to apply mascara. Do not use waterproof mascara.
- Avoid getting close to the heated oven, grill or fire pit. When cooking, open the oven or grill lid, should wait at least 20 seconds to allow heat to dissipate before approaching. Excessive heat can straighten your lash extensions.
- Avoid shower water streams from directly hitting your lashes.
- Be cautious with the hair conditioner. Do not let it drip on to your lashes. This product contains oils. You might want to lean your head back when applying hair conditioner to avoid it getting on your lashes.
- Use any kind of skincare products but use a washcloth to rinse off avoid these products which often have high oil concentration dripping onto your lashes.
- Avoid water contact to your eyelashes in the next 48 hours
- Avoid exposing your lashes to heat and saun
- Avoid the use of oil-based products
- Two (2) days after the appointment, please give us an update on your lashes by sending a text or calling to (832) 324-9961 for Montrose location and (281) 838-0126 for Galleria location.
- Lash correction is free of charge (5) days after the appointment.
- The 2 week refill appointment is recommended for your first refills
You are required to answer our Covid-19 questionnaire before coming to the appointment.
We will send 2 texts: one is confirmation and two is the Covid-19 questionnaire 2 days prior to your appointment.
For new customers and after the registration,
You can also call us to assist you to answer the questionnaire.
- For best results, please do not expose your lashes 2 hours before the appointment to water or wear any oil-based products. It is recommended that you plan your bath, shower, exercises and the like accordingly
- Oil-free products can be used prior to the appointment; however, make-up removal prior to the appointment is necessary.
- If you wear contact lenses, it is best to remove them.
- If you would like for us to pre-evaluate your natural lashes, you can take a close-up photo of each of your eyes and send it to (832) 324-9961.
- Your choice of eyelashes extensions are 1. Natural or dramatic look; 2. Length; 3. Size; 4. Curl; 5. Just top lashes; 6. Top and bottom lashes; 7. Regular glue; 8: Medical grade glue (sensitive eyes); 9: Regular Eye patch and 10: Medical graded eye patch (sensitive skin)
- For a full set (top lashes only) appointment, allow 1.5 hours; For full set top & bottom, allow 2 hours; for lash removal, allow 30 minutes; for 2 week and 3 week refills, allow 45 minutes; For 4 week refills, allow 1 hour; For lash correction, allow 30 minutes
- For new customers, please arrive 10 minutes before the appointment time for paperwork. Contact us at (832) 324-9961 for Montrose location and (281) 838-0126 for Galleria location, if you have any additional question
On The same day of your appointment, we send reminder text with complete information, date, time, technician and location.
After an appointment is booked by administrator or online, a text is sent to your call phone and you are required to review and approve it.
You may resume normal activities 24 hours after your appointment that includes initial full set as well as regular refills. Perhaps, extensive and excessive exposure to heat and water might compromise the life of your eyelash extensions.
Absolutely, YES! The number one benefit of eyelash extensions is to eliminate mascara in the morning on the daily basis. We recommend non oiled-based products for eye liners and shadows. Oil-based products, specially waterproof mascara, should be avoided as they might compromise the life of your extensions.
2 days before your appointment, we send confirmation text. You are required to confirm, reschedule or cancel it. If you do not confirm, that doesn't mean that you have a choice not to come to the appointment without penalty. In other words, once the appointment is booked, you are responsible to communicate with us to confirm, reschedule or cancel the appointment 1 day prior to the appointment.
Text: You can send us a text to (832) 324 9961 or (281) 838-0126 any time.
Calling: You call us at (832) 324 9961 or (281) 838-0126 between 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
Specific Inquiries: You can visit the website at lashesbyann.com and go to Contact Us. You can requisition for the following:
- Have lash questions for Ann
- Have questions for IT developers.
- Request for employment opportunities
- Have online booking questions
- Request password
- Have interest in Lashes by Ann Website
- Have a complaint
- Need a correction appointment
- Contact Lashes by Ann management
- Submit suggestions
- Pricing request
- Book an appt with Admin @ Montrose location
- Book an appt with Admin @ Galleria location
Your request will be routed to the appropriate person. We will respond to the request by text messages.
You can also contact our technicians directly:
You can call or text our technicians. Please see below
- Ann’s personal cell number: (832) 758-9192
- Evie’s personal cell number: (281) 902-2389
- Gina’s personal cell number: (714) 710-0383
- Megan’s personal cell number: (832) 517-6829
- Michelle’s personal cell number: (832) 909-2775
- Natalie’s personal cell number: (832) 633-8808
- Iris: Please contact Ann at (832) 758-9192
- Kate: Please contact Ann at (832) 758-9192
- Mila: Please contact Ann at (832) 758-9192
In case of an emergency that you are unable to contact us at the prospective salon numbers, please text or call Thinh Nguyen at (832) 814-3125.
In order for us to meet your requirements, you might want to send us closeup photos of your natural lashes and photos that you want your final look. Please send photos to (832) 324-9961 for the Montrose/Uptown location and (281) 838-0126 for the Galleria/Uptown location.
We can save 10% if you prepaid for a refill package of 6 sessions for 2 to 5.5 week refills.
We offer 3 final look options:
- Cat eye
We apply more than one piece of eyelash extension to one of your natural lash and apply eyelash extensions to all of your natural lashes, except baby lashes. You can expect your final look to be full.
We apply one piece of eyelash extension to one of your natural lash and apply eyelash extensions to all of your natural lashes, except baby lashes. You can expect your final look to be natural or a little more than natural.
In addition to the top lashes, we also offer the bottom lash service. Not everyone can get the bottom lashes. The reason is that some customers do not have many natural bottom lashes.
Keep in mind that top and bottom lashes require more frequent refills and high maintenance.
Please note that we will use the medical grade glue on the bottom lashes; therefore, the bonding and hodning is not as good as the regular glue that we use on top lashes,
In most cases and for a large number of our customers, eyelash extensions will last 60 days. The normal growth and replacement cycle process of your natural lashes will cause the eyelash extensions to come off gradually. Eyelash extensions can last indefinitely by 2 main factors: 1. Regular and proper maintenance and 2. with regular refills. Although a small number of clients may only schedule once every four weeks, we, however based on our experience, recommend refill appointments are scheduled every 2, no more than 3 weeks to achieve excellent results.
You can pay for individual refill appointments or purchase a discounted refills package.
Generally, new customers should get the first refills of 2 weeks. After the first refills, you will have a good idea how often you should come back for refills. We recommend 2 to 3 week refills because of the useful life of our glue
- Remove all eye-makeup using an oil and glycol-free makeup remover such as Oiled Free Makeup removal. If taking off eyeliner, use a cotton tip dipped in remover and wipe it across your lid, or away from the lid. Never towards the extensions. Don’t use cotton balls as you’ll get into a furry mess, as they will catch on the bases of the extensions.
- If you are wearing heavy foundation, remove this too before washing eyes, using your cleanser of choice but AVOIDING the eye area. Some cleansers contain oil, particularly cream cleansers and “cleansing oils”.
- Wet your eyes with cool water. Take a very, very small amount of oil-free baby shampoo or Lady Lash lash shampoo (available in salon from May) and lather it up on your palm. Apply this to both eyes, one at a time, splashing it over them. Don’t rub them like you’re washing hair though; just gently splash it over your closed eyes. If your eyes still feel grubby, repeat.
- Rinse it off and dab them gently dry. It doesn’t matter if they are a little damp, stuck together with water etc., when you brush them they will re-separate.
- Use your lash wand to very gently twirl through them and fan them back out.
- Do this 2-3 times per week.
IMPORTANT - do wait at least 24 hours first before wetting them.
This is case by case. We recommend every 6 months, customers might want to consider removing current lashes and get a new full set.
Proper maintenance is the key to fight irritations, allergies and redness of your eyes. We recommend you wash your eyelashes everyday with warm water (avoiding hot water).
Usual lash corrections are resulted in either mistakes made by customers or the work done by technicians that did not meet our customers’ satisfactions and or expectations.
Customers should contact us immediately and we will act accordingly.
We have 2 locations within 3.5 miles from each other and they are both on Westheimer Road.
Lashes by Ann - Galleria/Uptown is located in The Center of Post Oak. The address is 5000 Westheimer Rd., Ste 154, Houston, TX 77056. A good landmark is Grand Lux Cafe. We are directly above Nothing bundt Cakes (2nd floor). Please call us at (281) 838-0126 for assistance.
Driving direction to Lashes by Ann in Galleria location: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/29.7341606,-95.4672972/5000+Westheimer+Rd,+Houston,+TXfirstname.lastname@example.org,-95.4668885,16z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m9!4m8!1m1!4e1!1m5!1m1!1s0x8640c16964494f11:0x9d0b400720a310dd!2m2!1d-95.4623771!2d29.742184
Lashes by Ann - Montrose/Fourth Ward/Midtown is located at 415 Westheimer Rd., Ste 208, Houston, TX 77006. A good landmark is Sorrento Italian restaurant. We are at the corner of Westheimer Rd and Whitney Street and 2 blocks East from Montrose Blvd. Please call us at (832) 324-9961 for assistance.
Driving direction to Lashes by Ann in Montrose location: https://www.google.com/maps/dir//415+Westheimer+Rd,+Houston,+TX+77006/data=!4m6!4m5!1m1!4e2!1m2!1m1!1s0x8640bf6691992f27:0xb8adc3106ea38d23?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiw-O_qqtPkAhUigK0KHTjIBBsQwwUwAHoECAoQAw
Policy: For new and discontinued customers, a $50 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking the first FULL SET, Half-Set and refill appointment, which will be applied to the service. If the appointment is rescheduled or cancelled 24 hours before the appointment, you are entitled to apply the $50 deposit towards the next appointment. However, this does not apply to "no-show". No-show is defined as any appointments are cancelled or rescheduled less than 24 hours prior to the appointment. In other words, the deposit is forfeited in the event of "no-show". You may cancel the appointment by calling or sending a text message to (832) 324-9961 or (281) 838-0126
Appointment cancellation: You are required to notify us of cancellation of appointment by phone or email 24 hours prior to the appointment. Failure to do so, you will be charged 50% of the service that was scheduled.
Credit card on file: You are required to provide a credit card and authorization at the initial registration. In case you do not have a credit card, please contact us at (832) 324-9961.
Late arrivals: If you know that you are going to be late, please contact us to see if we are able to keep your appointment. If you are more than 15 minutes late and you do not contact us, your appointment will be automatically cancelled.
Rescheduling and Cancellation in the last minutes (within 24 hours): If you reschedule and or cancel your appointment within 24 hours, we consider that the appointment is rescheduled and or cancelled in the last minutes. We ask you to provide us with the reason and we will do our best to work with you to avoid the penalty cost.
Besides calling, our primary communication is text message, secondary is calling and email is last. With regard to managing appointments, we focus on 3 steps:
- After booking an appointment, we send you a text with a link for you to click on to 1. Approve, 2. Reschedule and 3. Cancel the appointment.
- The system will automatically send a text message at 10:00 AM 2 days before the appointment to ask you to: 1. Confirm, 2. Reschedule and 3. Cancel your appointment.
- On the same appointment date, the system will automatically send a text message at 9:00 AM to remind you of your appointment.
NOTE: We include a link in each text for you to click on. Besides your appt detail, you will see 4 tabs on the bottom of the screen: 1. Parking Availability Update, 2. Lash Conditions, 3. Address and 4. Appt Policy.
The lash options are:
Lash length: from 7 mm to 15 mm (we use 9 - 12 mm for natural look) Lash curl: J, C and CC (Most use C curl) Lash thickness: .07 to .20 mm (volume lashes are thinner and softer than classic one by one)
We offer 2 lash glue options:
- Regular glue: 95% of our customers use regular glue.
- Medical Grade Glue: We use the medical grade glue for customers who have allergies, dry eyes or sensitive eyes.
We offer 2 type of gel eye pads to hold down the bottom lashes:
- We use eye gel pads on customers who have no sensitive skins.
- We use eye medical tapes on customers who have sensitive skins.
For parking at Lashes by Ann in the Galleria location, there is plenty of parking in this large shopping center, The Post Oak Shopping Center.
For parking at Lashes by Ann in the Montrose/Uptown, we have 2 parking spaces with signs and have 18 additional parking spaces in the building next door, Avant Garden, over the fence from the FixCoffee Bar. The Avant Garden is on the left of the building. Please look for the yellow clubhouse.
From time to time, we will have a promotion of 10 to 15 % off for certain services.
It is case by case. In most cases, we do; however, we will ask the following questions:
- What is the name of the salon you had at your last service?
- When are your last refills?
- Type of glue used in your last service.
- Type of lashes. One by one, hybrid, American volume or Russian volume?
- Any lashes turned or twisted, required corrections?
- Your current lash length.
- Percent of lashes remained?
- Are you happy with your lashes?
- Any changes that you like?
- Many people seem to think that because we tell you in the aftercare instructions, not to wet your eyelashes for 48 hours, this means do not wet them ever.
- This is actually incorrect, and you do need to get them wet regularly in order to clean them. Improper cleansing of your eyelashes/extensions and eyelids can actually cause a few problems that will mean your extensions end up not lasting as long as they should.
- Blepharitis is a common problem amongst those who do not exercise good eyelid hygiene. It’s defined as “inflammation of the eyelid” but from our experience it seems to be a condition that is annoying and irritating rather than dangerous.
- Basically, dead skin cells when not washed away properly can build up on the eyelids, and cause itchiness and inflammation. It can even cause your eyes to look a bit red and sore. Some people that have blepharitis believe they are having a minor allergic reaction to eyelash extensions and/or glues. We suggest proper cleansing of your lids and extensions, you might discover that 1. The itchiness disappears very quickly, 2. Your eyes feel much better and 3. Your extensions last longer!
- It is worse when one wears very thick/dense eyelash extensions, and then coats them in mascara (which we NEVER recommend) because as you can imagine, they are almost impossible to clean well.
- In addition, if you have an oily complexion, and/or also if you’ve been wearing makeup or moisturizer that does contain some amount of oil in it, some of this oil will end up on your eyelash extensions. If you never wash them, the oil remains there, building up, and slowly eating away at the eyelash adhesive. All eyelash adhesives are attacked by oil. The less oily you let your eyelash extensions get generally the better your extensions will last.
Systane Ultra: To help dry eye symptom relief
Visine Original: To remove eye redness
TheraTears SteriLid: Eyelid cleaner
Zaditor: Eye itch relief
Cortizone -10plus: Relieves itch Fast!
Zyrtec Allergy: For Allergy
Benadryl: For Allergy
The above over counter products can be purchased at CVS or Walgreen.
We take referrals very seriously. We give $15 store credit to your next appointment for referring us to a customer who gets a full set and $10 store credit for a refill.
You can go to lashesbyann.com. The drop-down page will be shown titled “Quick Search”. You can find our all live openings on any date with the times, locations and technicians. On this Quick Search page, you can either request or book appointments and send the Quick Search page to your cell phone, by entering your cell phone number on the bottom of the page. However, if you want more information about our services such as the time it takes for each service and service costs with complete options, you might want to view the “Search Next Openings”.
You can find Search Next Openings in 2 places on our website, lashesbyann.com: one under the pull-down “Appt Corner” on the top menu and two below Our Performance section. Will complete after Rajesh corrects this feature.
You can text or call us at (832) 324-9961 or (281) 838-0126. In case that you do not get an answer, you can call our appointment hotline at (832) 814-3125. In case that you are overseas, you can contact us at the same number using Whatsapp. You might want to go to Contact Us to send us a text.
Yes. You can call or text our technicians. Please see below
Ann’s personal cell number: (832) 758-9192
Evie’s personal cell number: (281) 902-2389
Gina’s personal cell number: (714) 710-0383
Megan’s personal cell number: (832) 517-6829
Michelle’s personal cell number: (832) 909-2775
Natalie’s personal cell number: (832) 633-8808
Iris: Please contact Ann at (832) 758-9192
Kate: Please contact Ann at (832) 758-9192
Mila: Please contact Ann at (832) 758-9192
After an appointment is booked by our administrator or by customers online, a text is sent to your registered cell phone for approval. If you click on the link within the text, you will have an opportunity to select technicians as first and or 2nd choice.
For new customers, you can sign the waiver after you registered and you only need to sign it one time.
Please kindly consider our refills services and information: If you had your lashes serviced 2 weeks ago, you are most likely to book a 2 week refills for your next appt. Keep in mind that, you probably have 50% plus lashes on prior to your appt. We will refill what is missing; therefore, we will refill about 50% more or less on your lashes. After the refills are done, you have about 50% new lashes with fresh glue and about 50% of 2 week old lashes with old glue on. Therefore, it should be noted that the 2 week old lashes will become 4 weeks old by the time you show up for your next 2 week refills. This type of refills is considered our recommended refills in our store. Likewise, if you select 3 week refills, the understanding is that half of your lashes will have to last 6 weeks. We recommend 2 to 3 week refills because of the useful life of our glue.
The answer is NO. At Lashes by Ann, we
- Use very good materials.
- Help customers select style and eyelash extensions (size and length) that fit your natural lashes.
- Technicians will properly apply individual eyelash extensions to achieve excellent results.
The answer is NO. In fact, our customers should not feel anything at all. They end up relaxing or even dozing off.
You can pay for individual refill appointments or purchase a discounted refills package.
This is case by case. Generally, if you have approximately 50% eyelash extensions left, we can provide refill service; however, please keep in mind that the 50% lashes on you might not stay on for another 2 weeks